Slow Fish is an international event dedicated to fish and marine resources, combining the pleasure of eating with good fishing practices, scientific knowledge, taste education and the protection of biodiversity. It takes place at Genoa’s Porto Antico, from May 18-21 2017.
The motto of the 8th edition of Slow Fish is “we are the net”; reflecting the complex web of knowledge and exchange between the links and nodes in the network since the campaign was launched in 2004. During the days of the event, Genoa becomes a hub for fishermen, craftsmen, cooks, academics, researchers and representatives of institutions from around the world all coming together to share and support a good, clean and fair seafood chain that safeguards marine biodiversity, the health of the social fabric and the environment.
Slow Fish is dedicated to everyone who wants to know more about fish consumption, its effects on our health and the impact the fishing industry has on marine ecosystems. The key to Slow Fish’s success is its understandable language and playful approach based on the pleasure of eating.
There are lots of innovations alongside old favorites this year:
- An internal kitchen at the Marketplace where chefs and fishermen will prepare simple and tasty dishes.
- The Chefs’ Alliance Kitchen and conference rooms hosting Slow Food’s projects in Italy and abroad, together making up the Casa Slow Food.
- Piazza delle Feste (Party Square), where wine and cocktails are paired with pizzas from the best Italian pizzaioli, raw food options and many other tastings.
- Beer & Food in Piazza Caricamento, where you’ll find the finest Italian street food and artisanal brews from across the boot.
- Eataly will host the classic Dinner Dates in the evenings.
- Conferences in the open air, sharing the main stage with film projections, music, presentations and many other appointments to complete our rich program.
We look forward to seeing you at Slow Fish, where we’ll expand our network, raise our awareness and enjoy the wonders of the waters together!