It’s said that no part of a pig is thrown away, that every cut can be used… but can the same be said of fish? What role can fish scraps play in a high-quality dinner?
Marco Visciola, known for his seafood finanziera at Il Marin in Genoa, and Jacopo Ticchi of Trattoria da Lucio in Rimini, a seaside trattoria that aims to use 100% of all their ingredients, without exception, provide a surprising dinner based on so-called fish “scraps”. They’ll show us, through new flavors and consistencies of aged, marinaded and seasoned fish, how truly nothing of the fish is wasted!
Come and discover the creative cuisine of these two young chefs, which works to respect the true value of its ingredients. We’ll discover, together, how the reduction of food waste is important – and potentially creative and fun – even when we look out to sea.
- Sweet liver (Jacopo Ticchi)
- Squid fatback (Marco Visciola)
- Grilled mussels in garlic sauce (Jacopo Ticchi)
- Melon, quinoa and smoked horse mackerel (Marco Visciola)
- Roast amberjack, anchovy colatura, fresh fish eggs (Marco Visciola)
- Mullet with smoked egg yolk (Jacopo Ticchi)
- Pansoti stuffed pasta with sage and leerfish(Marco Visciola)
- Grilled rice with red mullet liver and field herbs (Jacopo Ticchi)
- 20 day dry-aged croaked with black garlic and figs(Marco Visciola)
- Quinto quarto (fifth quarter, or offal) of the sea (Jacopo Ticchi)
Marine sweets (Marco Visciola)
Wine – Selected from the “Triple A” range by the Velier Group of Genoa
- Frizzante Bianco Principe Jacopo 2020, Possa, Riomaggiore, Liguria
- Pellerossa 2018, I Cacciagalli, Teano, Campania
- Vino Bianco Ansonaco 2019, Altura, Isola del Giglio, Tuscany
- Migan Tinto 2019, Envinate, Tenerife, The Canary Islands
- Jerez Moscatel Dorado, Bodegas Cesar Florido, Chipiona, Andalusia
Water: San Bernardo | Coffee: Caffè Vergnano
The Dinner Dates return to Genoa from July 1 to 4! Places are limited to guarantee social distancing. Book yours now and dive into a sea of new knowledge! The menu will available soon, but we can already promise you a magical evening! Any unsold places will be available to buy from the Event Reception in Genoa from July 1 to 4.
Event languages: IT
Calata Cattaneo, 15 - Genova (Italy)