Slow Fish is your chance to discover Genoa, its striking historic center, ancient stores and UNESCO World Heritage palaces. The city is reachable by car, train or air. The road system has been restored and, despite the interruption to the highway, downtown Genoa is easy to access for those arriving on the A12 and exiting at Genova Nervi, Genova Est, Genova Ovest or Genova Aeroporto.
Using public transport to get to Slow Fish
The event areas
The three event areas are easily reachable using the Genoa Metro.
- Piazza Caricamento: San Giorgio station
- Piazza De Ferrari/Matteotti: De Ferrari station
- Piazza della Vittoria: Brignole station
Piazza della Vittoria
- By car: the highway exit is Genova Est. After exiting follow the signs for Brignole station – Piazza Vittoria
- By bus: lines 15 ,31, 42 stop at Diaz/Piazza della Vittoria; lines 15, 20, 44 stop at Cadorna/Piazza della Vittoria
- By metro: head to Brignole station
- By train: take the train to Genova Brignole
Piazza Matteotti/De Ferrari
- By car: arriving from the north or west the highway exit is Genova Ovest. After exiting follow the overpass and exit at Centro città – P.zza Corvetto; arriving from the east the highway exit is Genova Est. After exiting follow the signs for Brignole station then head up Via D’Aste to Piazza Dante (Via D’Annunzio)
- By bus: lines 18, 20, 35, 36, 37, 39, 40, 606, 607, 618, 635, 640, 641 stop at Piazza De Ferrari
- By metro: head to De Ferrari station
- By train: from Genova Brignole it’s a 15 minute walk, or else you can take the metro to De Ferrari; from Piazza Prinicpe station it’s a 10 minute walk, or else you can take the metro to De Ferrari
- From the area of the Porto Antico (EXPO) and the Aquarium, you can get to the Palazzo Ducale in a few minutes by walking up Via San Lorenzo.
Piazza Caricamento/Porto Antico
- By car: arriving from the north or west the highway exit is Genova Ovest. After existing take the overpass and exit at Porto Antico-Centro Congressi; arriving from the east the highway exist is Genova Est. After exiting follow the signs for Genova Brignole and then the signs for Porto Antico/Acquario.
- By bus lines 1, 9 , 13, 32, 635 stop at Porto Antico
- By metro: head to San Giorgio station
- By train: from Genova Brignole it’s a 15 minute walk, or else you can take the metro to San Giorgo; from Piazza Prinicpe station it’s a 10 minute walk, or else you can take the metro to San Giorgo
To see parking space availability in real time check MobilityPoint, the official site of the Genoa municipal authority
You can use dedicated park & ride services from:
- A – Park Di Negro in Via Bruno Buozzi (135 spaces) – exit the highway at Genova Ovest. You can take the bus or the metro.
- B – Park Piazzale Marassi (133 spaces) – exit the highway at Genova Est. You can take the bus or the metro.
- C – Park autostradale Genova Est – exit the highway at Genova Est. You can take the bus or the metro.
- D – Park via Molo Architetti (132 spaces) – exit the highway at Genova Voltri or Genova Pegli. You can take the NaveBus boats.
These car parks are all open 24 hours a day.
Park + Ride – you can get a ticket for €6 which includes:
- 24 hours parking;
- a ticket for one person for all modes of public transport (except the Volabus for the airport) valid in the same 24 hour period.
Parking only (car parks A, B, D)
- 12.00 a.m. to 06.00 a.m. – €0.50 per hour
- 6.00 a.m. to 8.00 p.m. –
- €1.50 per hour for Di Negro and Marassi
- €1.00 per hour for Molo Archetti
- 8.00 p.m – 12.00 a.m. – €0.50 per hour
For car park C the first 24 hours are free. Beyond that there’s a €5 a day charge. There is no option to get the combined ticket which includes public transport here.
The Port of Genoa is 1km from the Porto Antico. The NaveBus service connects Genoa-Pegli (Molo Archetti) to the Porto Antico in less than 30 minutes over water.
- Radio taxi 010 5966
- Cooperativa Taxisti Genovesi, Mura delle Cappuccine 7r – tel. 010 594690
- Cooperativa Auto Pubbliche, Viale Benedetto XV – tel. 010 5220573
- Ta.Ge – TaxiGe, 84884829
Genoa Airport (GOA)
The Cristoforo Colombo airport is linked to the city center by a bus service, the Volabus, which stops at the main railway stations of Piazza Principe and Brignole.
At the railway stations and in other points around the city there are bike-sharing stations.